Community

Fun on CafeMom When Infertile People Want Another Woman’s Twins

I really do not care that you think that I am overstepping my boundries. I personally feel that people who are so desperae for a baby that they troll on message boards and try to exploit women in vunerable circumstances to be predatory and unethical. Pre birth contact is considered coersive.
Of course, you would like to adopt her twins. And while I am sure that it sucks for you to be infertile, my sympathy really ends there. Sometimes in life you do not get what you want. I do not have to think of people like you.. my job is to think about moms who CAN be good mothers, who need help facing a crisis prenancy and perhaps just someone to tell them the truth.

Bernadette Wright on the Radio!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE NOVEMBER, 27, 2007 Bernadette Wright, Ph.D., President of Origins-USA will be speaking be on two upcoming radio shows. Her interview on The Adoption Show with Michelle Edmonds (www.theadoptionshow.com) will air in early December, date to be determined. Topics discussed include Origins-USA’s study on the effects of relinquishments on mothers’ lives, the nature and extent of adoption coercion, and what has changes and what has stayed the same…

New York Times Blogs..

I am assuming this is something for our lovely National Adoption Awarness Month..it looks like they are running an adoption related blog everyday for the month… or i am indeed cementing my lameness by just noticing this and it is here all the time??? In anycase, worth a read.. worth a comment if you are so inclined… and I think my new favorite quote just came out of it: <…

RegDay Reminder!

And once again, Teresa the Ungrateful Little Bastard and I are rocking the Hudson Valley Mall this Saturday! I have to give a public plug here to her: Let me tell you, she is awesome! When she says that she will do something, she does it..I bow down to her infinate photo copy getting greatness! And I really look forward to some quality adoption time together! On a happy note,…

One of the things we did at the conference…

Was film this. you know the drill! Now for a public service announcement form Origins-USA! ************************************ National Adoption BEWAREness Month Origins-USA, a national non-profit dedicated natural family preservation and support of families separated by adoption commemorates November as National Adoption BEWARE-ness month. November became National Adoption Awareness Month in 1990 to focus on the needs of more than 100,000 in foster care who cannot be reunited with family and who…

Adoption Ethics and Accountability Conference

October 15 – 16, 2007 Conference Highlights & Meet the Bloggers Update Reserve Hotel Now – Discounts end Sept 14th! Ethics Conference Draws Prominent Speakers, Presenters and Attendees from Around the World NEW YORK, Sept. 7, 2007 – The Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute and Ethica, Inc. are delighted to announce today that nearly 200 adoption experts, researchers, mental-health professionals, practitioners, triad members, media representatives, and policy and practice professionals…

No good news still for Stephanie and Evelyn Bennett

As you will, I am sure recall, back in April,OUSA had a pretty successful Blogger Blitz for Stephanie Bennett. It was great because over 100 bloggers took part, but kinda didn’t do what we needed as main steam media STILL is ignoring the travisty of justice being done to that poor Ohio family. And it still continues. In April of 2007, Stephanie had a hearing in the Probate Court, and…

Adoption Movie Review- Meet the Robinsons

But what I hated the MOST was how they were able to totally sweep away any normal adoptee feelings for wanting to know their natural mothers and the reason for their relinquishment. How the total message of the movie was that the PAST DOESN’T MATTER. KEEP MOVING FORWARD. So, a bright future..especially if it is known…is way better than any questionable past! And our Louis gives up his chance to see his mother, to touch her, to look into her eyes, to stay with her…for this glorious future. Got to choose, eh? Can’t have both? Nah, he couldn’t have still been a great inventor and met his wife, had is son…IF he met his mom? NOOOOOO!

Thinking Blogger Awards 2007

I have to go back to the voices that helped me in my beginning.
Robin at Motherhood Deleated, Adoption Roadkill at Screams in the Dark Back to K at Without a Tribe, Julie at Lizard Chronicles and even though she has not added much at all in this past year, LittleBit Jennifer..THESE are the voices that I heard first..the one who taught me, the one who challanged me, the one who I listened to, the one who gave a place for so many to first speak, and another who I could aslo listen to.

Montel, not the great hope at all.

You know what they say about having expectations? How they are our own worst enemy? I mean, I don’t trust talk show, I know the whole idea of sensationalism, I tried not to go in blind, be prepared, be ready for the worst. I had even stock responses ready if, for whatever reason, things got way off track and personal and I didn’t want to feel obligated to go somewhere…

Adoptees needed by Donaldson Institute

ADULT ADOPTEES 18+ PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN OUR SURVEY! “Beyond Culture Camp: Promoting Healthy Identity Formation in Adoption” A Project by the Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute with funding from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation Recently we had sent an email requesting ADULT ADOPTEES 18+ — ESPECIALLY INTERNATIONALLY ADOPTED ADULTS — to participate in our national online survey for our ground-breaking study on identity and adoption. If you have already completed the…

Adoption Updates for 2007

So good news! Governor Mitt of MA has left office WITHOUT signing the horrible SB2690 into law! It looks dead! With a new administration, they have to redo the bill, find a new sponser etc..so HOPEFULLY..with work, t can be made into a GOOD ill again, where the rights of ALL adoptees, are supported! **** Speaking of Adoptee rights..this Sunday the Adoption Show is all about the NY law! New…

Oh what did I do??

Saw this bullitan on my space… MTV True Life Presents… I’m Looking for My Birth Parent email us at: adoptee@mtvstaff.com with the details Were you adopted and are now ready to find your birth parent/s? Have you already located your birth parent and are about to meet for the first time? Or has a birth parent recently located you and requested a meeting? If you are interested in sharing your…